How to sleep better, may be a question that most people find as insignificant.
The truth of the matter though is that much or our psychological, physiological and even intellectual faculties rely on it. Getting a full eight hours of uninterrupted sleep can do wonders for your health. Studies have proven that quality sleep is just as useful to one’s health as a healthy diet and exercise is.
How to sleep – people with sleeping disorder
Another reality many are also not aware of is that sleep disorder is a condition that plagues the lives of many. It is believed that throughout the populace over 20 percent suffer from sleep deprivation but only, 10 percent, unfortunately, get diagnosed and undergoes treatment. The effect, therefore, that lack of sleep has on the afflicted people’s lives goes unchecked.
How to Sleep Better Every Night
The good effects of getting the right amount and quality sleep are many, which makes sleep disorder as a serious threat. Another good news is that there are actually things you can do to help facilitate things. Here are some things you may want to consider:
How to sleep tip #1
- Turn off all gadgets at night. In every electronic device in your possession blue light is emitted. Blue light, studies show have the same effect as caffeine have on our brain. Which means that if you want to increase your chances of getting a good night sleep then better power down for the night. Turning electronic devices off allows the brain to relax better and sleep ready. It is ideal to start turning things off at least an hour before you go to bed.
How to sleep tip #2
- Do take a warm bath. In most cases, you probably had a tedious and tiring day and have most likely been exposed to heat through it all. What you can do in this situation would be to take a shower in the evening. The heat emitted from the shower sends the message to your brain that it’s time to slow down and relax and slow down.
- Lavender scents before bedtime. It is a proven fact that certain scents do stimulate sleepiness. Moods and disposition of people are strongly affected by what they smell. A lot of articles about tips and guides on how to sleep better would often reiterate the importance of scent. Scents from lavender, vetiver, spikenard and frankincense (to name a few) are said to help people release anxiety and relax.
- Make you bedroom a snooze zone. Ever wondered why hotel rooms are made up the way they are? In most cases the reason would be to help the person checked in sleep better, hence the dim lights, the scents and other things.
- Calm your mind before going to bed – What is the point in trying to sleep when your mind is going wild, thinking about how stressful it was at work, and what tasks there are to accomplish the next day and so on and so far. When it has been a long stressful day, you cannot avoid having a little hangover from it even when you get home. It is advised that you should take a moment to relax your body and mind before you attempt to lie down. Sit and relax, read a book or drink calming tea to calm your self. Once you can feel that stress is leaving your body, this is a signal that you can lie down and sleep.
How to sleep – its all about your sleep environment
There are a couple of things you can do like:
- Dim the lights in the room and make sure to turn it off before going to bed.
- Check the temperature to make just warm and cozy.
- Have a nice mattress for your bed, that can help you relax better.
- Keep things clean and smelling good all the time.
How to sleep guide and tips
How to sleep and stay asleep throughout the night can be challenging at times, therefore these guidelines and tips are here to guide you. Many have testified to their effectivity, however, if the sleep still is a problem it is best to consult a doctor, to find the underlying issues, and you can get the right medicines for it.