Sleep Gadgets for Babies – Why sleep is important for your little ones
A mother’s heart swells in love every time they look at their babies sleeping. She sees her baby’s charm and innocence. She feels deep joy and oftentimes, sees herself in tears being grateful for having been blessed with a cute little one.
However, her heart seems to be in a race when her little one cannot get into a good sleep especially at night. Most young parents experience difficult times talking about the sleeping routine of their babies.
Sleep Gadgets for Babies – Lack of sleep is not good for babies’ health
Sleep plays a vital role in the growth of babies and not getting enough of it affects their development. Aside from this, lack of sleep results in overactivity, inattention, irritability, and increased risk of injury. In long term cases, lack of sleep can even cause long term health problems to your little ones. This is where sleep gadgets for babies usually come in.
On the other hand, babies who get a good sleep for the whole day and night obtain a better health condition. When babies get enough snooze time, he gets better physical, mental, and emotional development.
Sleep gadgets for babies are essential tools to help you, as parents, to put your babies to bed without getting tired of carrying and dancing. Sleep gadgets for babies also help you to do your whole day tasks, especially for stay – at – home moms.
Research says that a newborn sleeps from 16 to 18 hours at regular intervals in a day. At three months old, a baby’s sleeping pattern changes as his brain is already developed by then.
Sleep Gadgets for Babies – Importance of Sleeping Routine
Sleep routine is one important thing that a mother should do. It is not only beneficial to your baby but to the mother and the father, as well as to catch up with the much-needed sleep. To guide the young parents with the number of hours needed by their little ones, this might be considered:
- Newborn: A newborn sleeps at 16 to 18 hours a day or 4 periods of sleep per day.
- 3 to 6 months: 2 to 3 hours at a time and sleeps at 6 to 8 hours overnight
- 6 to 9 months: Sleeps 1 to 2 hours at a time and sleeps 10 to 12 hours overnight
- 9 to 12 months: usually sleeps 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon and 10 to 12 hours overnight
The number of hours a baby sleep is essential both to the baby’s health and the parents, even the grandparents who watch over them in time the mom and dad are at work. To add more help to the family members with babies to take care 24/7, here’s a guideline on how to regulate a baby’s sleeping schedule:
- Establishing a regular routine should always be considered.
- Playing active games during the day and quiet games in the evening may help. This regulates the baby’s excitement before bedtime but gets him tired from the activities done in the daytime.
- Many babies enjoy bathing before bedtime. This calms him down.
- Do your baby’s favorite activities last in her bedroom. This will make her look forward to bedtime and associate sleep.
- Make your baby’s room cozy at all times.
We have three sleep gadgets for babies to try:
Sleep Gadgets for Babies – 1. Baby Shusher Sleep Miracle
Sleep Gadgets for Babies – 2. Buzzi Co Baby White Noise Sound Machine & Sleep Aid Night Light
Calming lullabies accompany mesmerizing rotating galaxy lights, keeping little one’s content, safe and relaxed as they drift off to sleep are the features of this item. Perfect for nurturing healthy sleep habits that help kids stay asleep in their own beds without rocking, walking, or pleading required.
Sleep Gadgets for Babies – 3. Spring Bud Baby White Noise Sound Machine & Shower Gifts
Sleep Gadgets for Babies – beneficial for babies and parents
While sleeping is important to babies, parents should always be mindful of the activities, recommended guidelines, and sleeping gadgets that may help your little ones both to help in the child’s development and the parents’ time and energy when taking care of their babies. Considering sleep aids for babies would be helpful to both daytime and nighttime quality sleep of your little ones.