Sleep Data – comprehensive data of sleeping disorder.
Sleep is very important to individuals because that’s the only time our mind and body can rest after working for many hours in a day. Of course, we need a break from the reality and the easiest thing to attain relaxation is sleep. Unfortunately, number of people who are having insomnia are increasing. Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which people have trouble sleeping. It means they have difficulties in falling asleep or staying asleep as long as desired. Because of not having enough sleep at night, they will experience daytime drowsiness, low energy, depressed mood and irritability.
Sleep data – it is a fact that adults must sleep 7 or more hours per night
According to the sleep data, adults must sleep seven or more hours of sleep at night to maintain good health. If you sleep less than seven hours per twenty-four-hour period, it’s called short sleep duration. The short sleep duration survey in United States last 2014 stated that there are 35.2% adults slept less than seven hours, most of them are men from 45-54 years old. Moreover, your health with be at risk due to having short sleep. Here are the health risk factors by Short Sleep Duration(sleep data).
Sleep Data – Health Risk Factors by Short Sleep Duration
- Obesity – it is a medical condition in which the excess body fat has accumulated to an extent that it may have a negative effect on health. Possibly, you’ll be overweight.
- Physically Inactive – person who did not engage physical activity or exercise during the previous 30 days. Because you don’t have enough sleep at night.
- Current Smoker – a person who is currently smoking cigarettes every day or some days.
- Excessive Alcohol – it refers to people who drinks too much alcohol or heavy drinker.
In addition, here are chronic health conditions by Short Sleep Duration.
Sleep Data – Chronic Health Conditions by Short Sleep Duration
- Heart Attack – it is a serious medical emergency in which the supply of blood to the heart is suddenly blocked because of blood clot.
- Coronary Heart Disease – when the arteries that supply blood to heart muscle become hardened and narrowed.
- Stroke – it occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or bursts.
- Asthma – it is a chronic disease of the airways that makes breathing difficult.
- Cancer – it’s the uncontrolled development of cells.
- Arthritis – it is used to describe pain, swelling and stiffness in a joint or joints.
- Depression – is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest so also can interfere with your daily functioning.
- Chronic Kidney Disease – it’s a type of kidney disease in which there is gradual loss of kidney function over a period of months or years.
- Diabetes – it’s a disease that occurs when your blood glucose is also called blood sugar, is too high.
Sleep data – Short sleep duration is dangerous to our overall health
Thus, the short sleep duration is dangerous to our health. As the sleep data shows that characteristics of individuals were changed so also physically and emotionally. If you don’t want to belong in this group, try drinking milk before you sleep for it’s proven its effectivity. Surely, you will have a better sleep at night with your favorite pillow.