Sleep pillows – so many option, so little time
Sleep pillows nowadays come with so many not-so-basic features, including memory foam technologies for the head, even sleep pillows with speakers, hypoallergenic materials, anti-wicking fabrics, neck and shoulder support. So with so many options to choose from, it can be hard to find the right fit. Before you buy a sleep pillow there are a few things you might want to consider.
Sleep pillows– things you need to consider first, before buying a pillow
Achieving a good night’s rest isn’t always easy. Busy schedules, frequent stress, and bad rest environments can be the main problem for sleep troubles. It is more common than you think, according to the American Sleep Association, 50 to 70 million U.S. adults have a sleep disorder, and it is increasing as of this day. If your sleepless nights are taking a toll on your health, it might be time for you to choose the right sleep environment, bed essentials such as sleep pillows.
Below are buying guidelines on choosing just the right sleep pillow for you.
- Bed size – whether you have a twin, full, queen or king-size bed, make sure a pillow complements the size of your bed. You don’t want a pillow that will get lost in the mountain of sheets or take up too much space. Most pillows come in multiple sizes, so check the size compatibility before you make a buying decision.
- Sleep style – considering your sleep style before your purchase is the most important part of choosing sleep pillows, you should consider the support you need from a pillow. Are you a back-sleeper, side- sleeper, or tummy-sleeper? Some pillows vary when it comes to firmness, so you want to be comfortable and pain-free while you rest.
- Body support – If you have a constant head, neck, shoulder or back pain, it is best you speak with your chiropractor or physician before choosing sleep pillows. You would want to opt for sleep pillows that will provide ample support and alleviate pressure. If this is the case, stay away from sleep pillows that are too soft, because they might cause you more pain.
- Material – finally one of the important factors to choose a pillow is the materials that you want. There are so many choices, it is best to research the materials. From Bamboo-derived rayon, memory foam, and down are common material that you will find in sleep pillows. If you are considering a particular brand name, check to see if their products have hypoallergenic features. If your pillow resists common allergens, including dust mites and mold, you will most likely have an easier time breathing and sleeping in your room. Additionally, some sleep pillows are made with sustainable materials, so that is a plus for your wellness and the environment.
Sleep pillows – the best-rated sleep pillows of 2019
Sleep pillows come in different shapes, sizes, and materials. They help revolutionize sleep in ways never imagined before, adapting to the fast-paced, tiresome modern environment. Make sure you rest your head on a pillow that is ideal for your health and sleeping needs.
Here are our 10 selected best-rated sleep pillows
Sleep pillows #1 – Uratex Senso Aire Pillow
Snoring is not just annoying or disrupting, it is a sign that air movement during breathing is obstructed while sleeping. It could also be a sign of more serious health problems. With this Uratex Senso Aire Pillow, you breathe and sleep better. It has an elevated part that helps minimize snoring. Sleep pillows that are contoured have been tested to help snorers sleep better.
The elevated section keeps your head at the perfect height, keeping your airway open so you can get enough oxygen while you drift off to dreamland. The Senso Aire Pillow is also designed to provide optimal airflow, leaving your head refreshed while you sleep.
Although Uratex Senso Aire Pillow is not found on Amazon, you can go directly to their website and buy it from there or from their reseller stores.
Sleep pillows #2 – Revitasoft Pillow
After a long day at work, you might find yourself twisting your neck from left to right. You might also have the urge to get a head massage. But the best reward after a long day in the comfort of your bed, and those relaxing sleep pillows.
The Revitasoft sleep pillows are made of visco-elastic foam that conforms to the head, neck, and shoulders. It is perfect for back-sleepers and those who feel a great deal of neck pain while sleeping. Just like the Senso Aire Pillow, the RevitaSoft Pillow is contoured and has a higher elevation for the neck for better support.
This pillow is not found on Amazon, however, you can purchase this pillow directly from the Uratex Website.
Sleep pillows #3 -3 options for insomnia
There are numerous reasons why some people have a hard time falling asleep or staying asleep. There is a number of factors for insomnia, either because of anxiety, depression, stress from work and family, some could simply be because of the lifestyle they lead or drowning in caffeine hours prior to sleep, while the rest have medical conditions that make it hard for them to sleep. There are 3 recommended pillows for these types of sleepers or sleep disorders.
- Uratex Neck Ease Pillow – this sleep pillow is molded with medium firmness for a comfortable sleep. It has a contoured top that provides a superior neck support.
- Therapoint Comfort collection. It is made of high resilient foam and is highly buoyant to promote natural spine alignment.
- Senso Memory Neckease Pillow – Students and workers who spend hours on commuting and take the extra time to catch on sleep during their travel, the Senso Memory Neckease Pillow is made from high-quality memory foam and is light and compact. It provides neck and head support when sleeping upright or sitting position.
Sleep pillows – no size fits all when it comes to sleep pillows
Sleep pillows come in different sizes, shapes, and materials. As you can see when it comes to bed essentials, there is no such thing as the best pillow that will suit everyone, in any situation. We all have different needs and in the end, it is down to our personal preference. Different fill and cover material have different cooling, firmness, and comfort properties. Though, we hope that this round-up of best-rated pillows will help you choose the one that fits your needs best.
Below are sleep pillows best rated on Amazon, these are highly recommended pillows for those who have trouble sleeping. Choose one and read the reviews before your final buying decision.