Essential Oils – What Are They and How They Are Used?
Essential oils are natural oils obtained by distillation and having the characteristic fragrance of the plant or other sources from which is extracted. These oils are very beneficial to help us get a sound sleep. They are usually used in aromatherapy, which is a form of alternative medicine. They can be inhaled or diluted then rubbed on the skin. Many people use oil diffusers to control the oils dispersed in the air. They should not be swallowed. Inhaling the scent of essential oils stimulates your limbic system, a part of the brain that plays a role in emotions, behaviors, sense of smell and long-term memory.
Essential Oils – The Benefits To Your Health
Essential oils are widely used by many people but little is known about the benefits of these especially on our health. Take a look at the benefits of aromatherapy oils on various health problems:
- Sleep and Insomnia-smelling lavender oil shows positive effects on the sleep quality of women after childbirth, including the patients with heart disease
- Stress, Anxiety, and Depression– it is known to relieve stress although the effects may only last while the massage is taking place
- Headaches and Migraines-studies have found the positive effects against headaches when applying peppermint and lavender oil to the skin
- Promote Restful Sleep-a 2014 systematic review showed that lavender essential oils have positive effects on sleep deprivation and disturbances
- Boost Skin and Hair Health-it has been known that essential oils help to improve inflammatory skin conditions, like dermatitis, eczema, and lupus. It also has good effects on the general appearance of your skin and even aid in wound healing.
Essential Oils – Many Types and Uses for Health and Relaxation
There are various types of essential oils and all of them has its own unique scent and potential health benefits both for adults and babies. A wide of a selection of aromatherapy oils for babies are also available in the market. Take a look at these options and what you would love to pick:
- Peppermint-helps boost energy and digestion
- Lavender-helps relieve your stress
- Sandalwood-helps calm your nerves and obtain focus
- Bergamot-helps reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema
- Rose-helps improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Chamomile-helps improve mood and relaxation
- Ylang-Ylang-used to treat headaches, nausea, and skin conditions
- Tea Tree-used to fight infections and boost immunity
- Jasmine-used to help depression, childbirth, and libido
- Lemon-used to aid digestion, mood, and headaches
However, from these many options, peppermint, lavender, and sandalwood are the most popular and most used.
Essential Oils – Recommended Products for your Best Picks
Lagunamoon Essential Oils Top 6 Gift Set Pure Essential Oils
Artizen Aromatherapy Top 14 Essential Oil Set
Fruity Fruits Good Essential Fragrance Oil Set
Natrogix Bliss Essential Oils
Good Sleep at Night Essential Oil
Essential Oils – Other Uses of Essential Oils
These are a lot of other uses of essential oils aside from its major help to our health. It is good to know that these oils are also used for body, oral, hairs, and skincare. Acne face wash, age spot reducer, and blistered skin healer are just a few advantages when you choose essential oils as skincare. It is also a good option as air cleaner, air detoxifier when painting, bathroom freshener, house fragrance, and kitchen odor eliminator. Its various good effects for humans make you wanting to buy more because these products are really worth your money. Experience and enjoy its benefits!