Essential oil diffuser is the new trend
There are plenty of ways to scent your nursery room, but some methods are easier and safer than others. If you have spent some time on the internet lately, you know that essential oil diffuser is the newest trend and for a good reason. They disperse natural oils into the air and that oil gives lots of benefits, especially when it comes to inducing sleep for you and your baby.
Essential oil diffuser according to research
According to scientific studies, essential oils have the ability to interact with the brain and the nervous system to impact mood and health. One of the easiest ways to achieve these benefits is through aromatherapy where these concentrated oils are breathed in, allowing them to stimulate the olfactory system in the brain. Essential oil diffuser only requires some water and a few drops of your sleep-inducing essential oils.
Essential oil diffuser – how to choose the right one
You choose from literally hundreds of oil diffusers that range in price from $10 to more than $100. However, before you buy, consider these factors.
1. Capacity – Diffuser capacity can run anywhere from 100 milliliters or 3.4 Fl.oz. to more than 1 liter or 32fl. Oz. The average essential oil diffuser sits around 300 milliliters. You may want a larger capacity if you don’t want to be bothered by refilling water often, or if you need your diffuser to run a long time in a large space.
2. Run time and timers – do you want to set your diffuser for one, three, or five hours? Do you want a continuous run option? How long do you need it to run for? There are all important questions to consider when purchasing an essential oil diffuser.
3. Automatic shutoff – even you are typically not a forgetful person, choosing a diffuser with auto shutoff is a smart move. If you forget to power down your diffuser when there’s little water left, it can overheat and break.
4. Area coverage – for small rooms such as nursery room, you don’t need to worry too much about the square footage your diffuser covers. If you are looking to use it in an open space or large room, look for essential oil diffuser with high square footage.
5. Lighting – Many oil diffusers offer ambient light settings and/or double as night lights. This is very much personal preference thing, so if you definitely don’t want a light, make sure the essential oil diffuser you want to buy doesn’t have one, or that you can easily turn it off.
6. Humidity – Many essential oil diffusers double as humidifiers. This can be a great 2-in-1 option if you live in a dry climate.
7. Intensity – for a stronger fragrance, look for nebulizing diffusers, which vaporize the oil before pumping out the mist. These are often more expensive than standard diffusers but it can be worth it if you find standard diffusers to be weak.
Different types of essential oil diffuser
But how do you know what is best for you? Let’s go over the different types of diffusers first.
Essential oil diffuser type 1 – Nebulizing diffusers
These are the best essential oil diffusers for diffusing oil for internal support, such as issues with pain or skin irritation. These diffusers disperse molecules quickly without altering the chemical composition of the oil, therefore retaining the powerful benefits and potent aroma. They don’t require heat or water but use up more oil than other types of diffusers.
Essential oil diffuser type 2 – Ultrasonic diffusers
This essential oil diffuser is the most common type of aromatherapy diffuser, these devices require water to disperse a concentrated oil that is controlled in aroma and potency. They work wonderfully to support dry air since they act as a humidifier and a diffuser – perfect for winter, or air-conditioned and windowless rooms because of those using oils that are diffused for emotional support, such as issues like insomnia, anxiety, and memory.
Essential oil diffuser type 3 – Evaporative diffusers
These are a filter or pad for essential oil distribution and a fan to circulate the essential oils. Evaporative diffusers are not the quietest of the bunch, might not be ideal for your baby’s room, but the fan allows the oil to evaporate more quickly and circulate the oils throughout the room.
Essential oil diffuser – the best selections
Many people use essential oils to boost their immune system, improve their mood, increase energy, relieve stress and anxiety, improve sleep quality, and ease congestion. It is important to note that you may experience an irritation if you put the oil directly onto your skin or ingest it, and people often get better results when they use it with an essential oil diffuser that is why we have rounded up some of the best essential oil diffusers to use at home and with your baby.
With many hours spent searching for the best selections on essential oil diffusers and testing them, we can conclude that InnoGear is the best on the market. We have made our picks based on product features, ease of use, and rating by customers on Amazon. Note that we have listed 5 essential oil diffusers here in no particular order. However, we will start with the one we have rated as number 1 for us.
Essential oil diffuser our number 1 pick – Innogear aromatherapy
Essential oil diffuser #2 – Young Living Essential Oils Aria Ultrasonic Diffuser
Essential oil diffuser #3 – Smart Wifi Essential Oil Aromatherapy Diffuser
Smart WiFi Essential oil Aromatherapy diffuser compatible with Alexa and Google Home, 400Ml Dark wood grain ultrasonic, from the customers’ review on Amazon this has gotten a 4-5 rating. The smart diffuser is a great addition to your smart home, you can use it like a normal diffuser or download the companion app to control features such as LED color, mist intensity, timer settings, scheduling and more directly from your smartphone. This device is also connected to Alexa and Google home and can be controlled by using your voice.
Smart WiFi Essential oil diffuser comes with a large 400ml water tank that allows you to use it for 12 hours.
Essential oil diffuser #4 –SpaRoom PureMist Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser and Fragrance Mister with LED Light Show
Essential oil diffuser #5 – BlueFire Electric Ultrasonic Essential Oils Diffuser Humidifier with Cool Mist
The small size and dark wood are perfect for any type of home décor, it really stands out with its wonderful minimalist and uncomplicated design. The BlueFire electric essential oil produces 1.7 million vibrations per second to maintain the integrity of your essential oils and make it easier for the body to absorb them, the main key features of this diffuser is that it is easy to clean, it shuts off automatically when it runs low on water, it has low power consumption, does not use heat so essential oils are preserved.
Essential oil diffuser – the difference between humidifier and oil diffuser
Before you make your final purchase you need to know the difference between a humidifier and essential oil diffusers, to assess what is best for you and your baby.
While an essential oil diffuser uses the same mechanism and adds a small amount of humidity into the air, the design of an ultrasonic humidifier is different. An essential oil diffuser has a much smaller tank of water, usually somewhere between 80ml to 500ml (as mentioned above). This means that the humidifying effect of a diffuser is relatively minimal when compared to a humidifier. Unlike a humidifier, an essential oil diffuser is made from a material designed to hold essential oils. Crystal-clear acrylic water tanks let you see how clean the water is in your humidifier, but discoloration and cracking are common results of experimentation with essential oils.
Essential oil diffuser – the essential oils makes all the difference
Essential oil diffuser – quality matters – There are literally hundreds of essential oils to choose from, depending on your needs. If you intend to use essential oils for babies, we recommend doing your research or even asking your pediatrician before you head on and buy essential oils. We discovered when testing the above mentioned essential oil diffusers that quality can greatly vary by brands. Proper use and selection are required to maintain safety and to properly enjoy the benefits of these oils.
Here are also a list of essential oils that are great to try on your new essential oil diffuser.