How sleep aid will help you restore your sleep
Sleep, a natural state of mind and body is very necessary for it is only the time to gain the energy from what you have lost for the whole day of work. It is characterized by altered consciousness, relatively inhibited sensory activity; reduced muscle activity and inhibition of voluntary muscles during the rapid eye movement or REM. Unfortunately, many people are experiencing sleep disorders like insomnia, sleep apnea, and snoring.
With the sleep difficulties they are experiencing, natural sleep aids were been created and found helpful to put them down to a long and sound sleep. To test the quality of sleep, sleep trackers are developed to track your sleep data. With this, you’ll be able to know what to do to restore sleep and achieve the recommended hours of sleep by age. To know more about sleep aids, read on to learn about the Top 5 Sleep Aids on Amazon.
Sleep aid is important and so is SLeep hygiene
Sleeping is the most essential activity you should attain in a day. You do not only sleep but should achieve long hours and a night of quality sleep. Many factors from our environment today contribute to sleepless nights or poor quality of sleep. To make it easier for you to take that good night rest, here are some important tips you might want to start today:
- It is good to carve out at least 30 minutes before bed to do relaxing activities such as reading books. You can dim the house lights at least one hour before bedtime.
- Do not use electronic devices such as laptops, tablets, and phones as their screen can activate the brain and will make it hard for you to fall asleep.
- A breathing or relaxation exercise before bedtime can calm your mind and help you fall asleep fast.
- Do not lie in bed if you are not yet sleepy. Lying in bed awake can result in unhealthy link between the environment and wakefulness.
- Despite the hard time you get from falling asleep at night, make sure to wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends and holidays. In this way, your body clock will adjust and aid you sleepless nights.
How to take sleep aid safely
- Sleep aids are tested to make you easier to fall asleep. However, before taking even the top 5 sleep aids on Amazon, you should take these considerations to use sleep aids safely:
- Before taking any sleep aids, you should always consult your doctor first to know when and what to take depending on your doctor’s personal assessment. The doctor will give the proper dose and the best treatment plan, take account of your age, and health factors, also the underlying cause of insomnia.
- Consider non-medical approaches like cognitive-behavioral treatments, relaxation exercises, and tips on sleep to establish healthy sleep patterns.
- Sleep aids that can be bought over the counter have a short-term effect and not intended for longterm use to treat insomnia.
- Always follow the safety guidelines in taking sleep aids. Do not forget to read the packaging and talk to your doctor for any precautions.
Here is the top 5 bestseller sleep aid on amazon
Sleep aid #1 – Rise-N-Shine Melatonin for Adults
Rise-N-Shine Melatonin for Adults offers occasional sleep support, it is made of all-natural ingredients for occasional sleeplessness that contains 3mg of Melatonin and other ingredients that can help you transition into a peaceful sleep. Other ingredients include Vitamin B6, Magnesium, Hops Flower, Passionflower, Chamomile Flower, and Valerian Root.
Sleep aid #2 – Forte Naturals Melatonin 3mg
Achieve better health through better sleep with melatonin forte naturals. Melatonin Forte Naturals is naturally produced by our bodies to manage our sleep cycles. This product helps you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer, and wake up feeling refreshed. It is vegan, paleo-friendly and gluten-free. This natural sleep alternative helps you to reach deep REM sleep cycles and wake refreshed, alert, cognitive and can improve your overall general mood throughout the day. Melatonin is 100% natural and non-habit forming. Enjoy this product even on your next travel. This product is also recommendable giving you fast relief from fatigue caused by jet lag and international travel.
Sleep aid #3 – Kirkland Signature Nighttime Sleep Aid
Kirkland Signature Nighttime Sleep Aid is a sleeping aid created to help its users fall asleep. Kirkland Signature Nighttime Sleep Aid is an over the counter sleeping aid from the wholesale company Costco. Doxylamine is the main ingredient, is a first-generation antihistamine, according to PubChem. This ingredient can be used as a sedative and in combination with other drugs, it can offer night-time allergy and cold relief. Doxylamine can be used with other analgesics like paracetamol, and it can be recommended together with vitamin B6 to help prevent sickness in pregnant women.
Sleep aid #4 – Nature Supplements Sleep Support Superior Formula 952 Mg
Nature Supplements Sleep Support Superior Formula 952 Mg is a sleep formula with all-natural ingredients, every ingredient is to support sleep disorders helping you to relax and fall asleep faster. Also the Nature Supplements Sleep Support Superior Formula 952 Mg will give you a good mood because it contains 5-HTP which known to treat anxiety and depression. In addition, the Nature Supplements Sleep Support Superior Formula 952 Mg also contains L-Theanine which has the ability to increase relaxation and calmness without producing a sedative effects.
Sleep Aid #5 – Alacer Emergen-C Nighttime Berry
Another top 5 sleep aids on Amazon that naturally promotes sleep and relaxation with Melatonin. It’s a Vitamin C with other key antioxidants to strengthen you while you sleep. Alacer Emergen-C Nightime Berry is in natural fruit flavors with no artificial sweeteners.
Sleep aid precautions
Taking sleep aid is safe as long as you do consult your doctor and follow the safety guidelines. The top 5 sleep aids on Amazon are the products with the highest rate and good reviews, but never forget to talk to your doctor about it. Aside from taking sleep aids, it is also important to do natural ways such as relaxation and good exercise. Putting away any distractions like electronic gadgets are also helpful. Eating healthy foods and avoiding caffeine especially at night will bring you to fall asleep easier.