Top 5 Herbal Tea for Sleep – Sipping Teas for Healthier Sleep
A night of restful sleep is very crucial to our overall health. Unfortunately, for people who suffer from insomnia or the chronic inability to fall asleep, only 30% are those who can restore or get a good quality of sleep he needs. Due to the many unhealthy factors we get from the environment, many people are getting health conscious today. Health problems become worst because of the food we eat, the air we breathe, and a lifestyle that doesn’t help improve the quality of health. With this cause, people opt to get natural and healthier ways to get solutions. To many sleep problems people experience, herbal teas have been popular to help gain a good sleep. To easily find the best from a wide selection the market has been offering, you will know the top 5 herbal tea for sleep and see the best that would fit your need and taste.
Bedtime teas are definitely caffeine-free. They are herbal teas made from the ingredients found in sleep supplements. Teas are a pleasant way of calming your senses, it promotes sleepiness. Some teas have sedative ingredients like chamomile or valerian, helping you to fall asleep faster. Lavender and lemon balm, however, help reduce stress and anxiety. Spearmint teas alleviate indigestion making the body more relaxed during sleep time. The top 5 herbal tea for sleep includes different varieties of teas that give you a calming and relaxing experience to enjoy sleep either at daytime or nighttime.
Top 5 Herbal Tea for Sleep – The Benefits of Herbal Teas
Researchers found tea’s health properties to polyphenols and phytochemicals. The real tea is derived from a plant and includes only four types that are green, black, white, and oolong. Most studies are focused on the green and black teas, however, the white and oolong varieties also bring health benefits. Take some of these help in taking that cup of tea, particularly the top 5 herbal tea for sleep:
- Tea can give more exercise endurance.
- Drinking tea helps reduce the risk of having heart attacks.
- The antioxidants we found in teas can protect a boatload of breast, colon, colorectal, skin, lung, esophagus, stomach, and small intestine cancers.
- Tea fights free radicals. They are high in oxygen radical absorbance that destroys free radicals.
- Tea hydrates the body.
- Drinking tea was found to have linked to lower the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
- Tea can provide protection from ultraviolet rays. The green teas act as a back-up to sunscreen.
- Tea can lower waist circumference and BMI.
- Regular taking of teas can counteract to the negative effects of smoking and might lower the risk of lung cancer.
- Teas are beneficial to people with Type 2 Diabetes. The compounds in green tea could help process sugars.
- Green tea can help improve bone density and strength.
- Study shows that tea could be an effective agent in the prevention and treatment of neurological disease.
- Drinking hot beverages like the top 5 herbal tea for sleep can also help boost the risk of esophageal cancer.
Top 5 Herbal Tea for Sleep – The Best Bedtime Teas to Help Sleep
- Chamomile. Used as a natural remedy for many years, chamomile tea was found to reduce inflammation, decrease anxiety, and treat insomnia. It is commonly regarded as a mild tranquilizer. Two studies about chamomile tea found out that first, people who received chamomile extract every day got better sleep than those who do not. Second, postpartum women who had poor sleep found to have a night of quality sleep for taking chamomile tea for two weeks. Chamomile teas will never be out of the top 5 herbal tea for sleep.
- Valerian Root. An herb used as a treatment to insomnia, nervousness, and headaches. Historically, people were helped relieve stress and anxiety caused by air raids during World War II. This tea is one of the most popular sleep aid in Europe and the US. Drinking valerian root tea has been proven to help get a restful sleep without any adverse side effects.
- Lavender. An herb loved by many because of its aromatic and soothing scent. It is made from small purple buds of the flowering plant. People believe that drinking lavender tea makes them relaxed, settle their nerves, and aid sleep. According to some researches, lavender tea was found to decrease anxiety and improve sleep with people suffering from anxiety-related problems.
- Lemon Balm. Lemon balm is part of the mint family found all over the world. It is the lemon balm leaves that make a good tea. People chronically experiencing sleep problems are advised to sip lemon balm tea before bedtime to solve sleep disorders.
- Passion Flower. Tea is made from dried leaves, flowers, and stems of Passiflora plant. Recent studies show that passionflower helps insomnia and improve quality of sleep.
- Magnolia Bark. A flowering plant that has been around for 100 years, made mostly from the bark of the plant, dried buds, and stems. Magnolia was used in Chinese medicine for many symptoms such as abdominal discomfort, nasal congestion, and stress relief. It is regarded with its antianxiety and sedative effects attributed to the compound honokiol found in the stems, flowers, and bark of the plant.
Top 5 Herbal Tea for Sleep – Recommended Products for a Relaxing Mood
Definitely, the market has a lot to offer when it comes to herbal teas. We have listed the top 5 herbal tea for sleep that will not only aid your sleep problems but give better health, as well.
Stash Fruity Herbal Tea
- Stash Tea Fruity Herbal Tea
- Elevate Tea LAVENDER CHAMOMILE HERBAL TEA
- Celebration Herbals Organic Burdock Root Tea Caffeine Free
- Healing Herbal Teas
- Triple Leaf Tea Herbal Laxative
Top 5 Herbal Tea for Sleep – Experience the Tea Wonders Today
Enjoying the benefits of herbal teas is a great experience one would have. The top 5 herbal tea for sleep is a big help not only for a calming and soothing day but also to get a restful and sound sleep. Everyday tea gives better health. However, the benefits of these herbal teas would be most enjoyed if one experiences no side effect, so it is always important to check your doctors. Your medical conditions should always be a priority, thus, good to be evaluated. Enjoy your tea time with the top 5 herbal tea for sleep!