Understanding the importance of sleep and how natural sleep aid can help
Good and quality sleep takes a vital role in our daily living. Lack of it causes many health problems, not only physically. There are natural ways to make you sleep and make it more soundly. The bad effects of not getting a good sleep at nighttime and even at daytime have harmful mental and social effects. People with sleep disorders are seriously looking for the best sleep aids because they are aware that sleeping beyond the recommended hours, like for adults that should have at least 8 hours of sleep a day, is not good for many reasons. As you continue reading, you will learn the 10 natural ways to make you sleep. So how good and quality sleep benefits us?
Why sleep is important for our overall health
Some of the benefits of adequate sleep are better health, less stress, improved memory, and weight loss. With this, you can have better functions and have a better quality of life. The natural ways to make you sleep you will learn later on have natural benefits on you. Learn more about the benefits of restful sleep and make it an everyday priority.
- A good sleep gives you better brain functions and emotional being. Good sleep is a good help for your brain to work properly. During sleep, your brain is preparing for the next day’s activities and forms to help you remember new information. Sleep definitely improves learning. Sleep deficiency results in trouble in making good decisions solve even small problems, and poor control over your emotions and behaviors. When situations become worse, lack of sleep can be linked to depression, suicide, and accidents. Lack of sleep also affects our relationships with other people. Some of its effects are getting angry easily, having mood swings, feeling sad or depressed at all times, and lack of motivation. This results in poor performance at school and at work.
- A good sleep makes your physical health better. As sleep plays an important role in your health, getting a restful one should be achieved every day. Some people who miss good sleep make sure that they will be able to restore it. Sleep has a big part to heal and repair the heart and blood vessels. Sleep deficiency is linked to various diseases such as heart disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and stroke. It also increases the risk of obesity. A night of good sleep takes part in a person’s growth and development. Restful sleep helps the body release the hormone that promotes growth in kids and teens. Those hormones boost muscle mass and repair cells and tissues in children, teens, and even adults. One of the important benefits of deep sleep is increased the immune system. Good sleep helps you fight common infections.
- Good sleep improves your daytime performance and safety. Enough sleep following the recommended hours by age helps you get a quality performance during the day. People who complete the standard hours of sleep have a fast reaction time and make perfect performance in anything that should be done.
recommended activities to get a restful sleep
Aside from the 10 natural ways to make you sleep every night, with the help of knowledge and new learning, you will learn 10 natural activities to make you sleep. Take a look on this list:
- You can make a sleep routine. Sleeping at the same time every night is a helpful way. Sleep routine is one of the 10 natural ways to make you sleep.
- Doing physical exercise is a good way to sleep fast at night. But make sure to complete your sessions several hours before bedtime.
- Having a good diet is essential to complete the standard hours of sleep. You can cut-off coffee, tea, soft drinks, and chocolates at mid-afternoon.
- Stop smoking. One of the 10 natural ways to make you sleep is to put your cigarettes out. Smoking makes sleep apnea worse, as well as other breathing disorders such as asthma resulting to have difficulties to get a good sleep.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic drinks at night as they disrupt a sleep pattern and brainwaves that help you get a fresh morning due to a restful sleep.
- If possible, do not sleep with kids or pets if you have problems sleeping. A study found that 53% of pet owners have difficulties in sleeping, while 80% of parents who sleep with little kids are disrupted in sleep.
- Using electronics like television, computer, video game, or cellphones an hour before bedtime is a bad idea. The lights from these devices stimulate the brain making it harder for you to fall asleep quickly.
- Keeping a good room temperature is also helpful to get a sound sleep at night. You can check your bed covers and sleep attire before bedtime to keep you more comfortable and fall asleep faster.
- A room in total darkness helps you fall asleep fast. A small light from a cellphone or computer disrupts the production of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate sleep cycles.
- Make sure that your bed is used for sleeping time only. It should not be a place for working, watching TV and eating.
top 5 natural sleep aid recommended
Natural sleep aid #1 – Prime Natural Sleep Relaxation Essential Oil
Essential oils are becoming increasingly popular for their amazing health benefits and effect on mood. One of its main benefits is promoting faster and better sleep. They do this by helping with symptoms that prevent sleep, such as anxiety, digesting issues, stress or respiratory problems.
Natural sleep aid #2 – Natural Riches Sleep & Relaxation Essential Oil Blend
Natural Riches Sleep & Relaxation Essential Oil Blend is made with 5 essential oils, this oil blend contains lavender oil, clary sage oil, chamomile oil, Copaiba Balsam Oil, and Marjoram oil sourced from different parts of the world. This oil blend reduces stress, anxiety, and calms the mind to boost mood and aid in sleep. The oil is made up of 100% pure oils which have a therapeutic effect on the mind and body. You can put a few drops of these oils on your pillow or massage it on your temples and neck.
Natural sleep aid #3 – Herba Eternum Natural Herb Sleep Aid Formula
The Herba Eternum Natural Herbal Sleep Aid Formula is designed to help you fall asleep and wake up refreshed. It is unique in a way that it does not give you weird dreams or heavy feeling in the morning when waking up. The Herba Eternum Natural Herbal Sleep Aid Formula is fast-acting and smooth, you will feel the pleasant desire to fade away within 10 to 15 minutes, so take it right before you intend to sleep. The Herba Eternum Natural Herbal Sleep Aid Formula can be mixed with tea or taken directly under the tongue for the fastest effect.
Natural sleep aid #4 – Nature Made Natural Sleep Aid Liquid Softgel
Nature Made Natural Sleep Aid Liquid Softgel makes it easier to fall asleep by combining the natural acting sleep aid L-theanine and melatonin. Nature Made Natural Sleep Aid Liquid Softgel contains 200 mg of L-theanine which is clinically-shown to calm the mind, while melatonin plays a natural role in the body’s sleep cycle. Together, they help you fall asleep naturally and wake up refreshed.
Natural sleep aid #5 – Wild Thera Sleep Aid and Insomnia Relief
This product is a natural sleep remedy with essential oils and valerian that can be used with melatonin and other sleep aids. It is a concentrated non-GMO herbal balm with aromatherapy benefits. It has no harmful preservatives, no parabens, no sulfates, no artificial colors, and no artificial fragrances. Enjoy the cool, soothing, and calming effects of Thera Sleep Aid with healthy and natural oils, essential oils and herbs while making you feel relaxed. It is great to combine with natural herbs such as chamomile tea, as well as other sleep aids, nasal strips, and sleeping pills. This product is made in the USA and not tested on animals.
Natural sleep aid is not a cure but rather help and guide for restoration of the natural sleep cycle
Natural sleep aid would not be helpful if you do not change your bedtime routine as well as your daily habits or lifestyle. As mentioned above, sleep is very important for our overall health and immune system. Lack of sleep can create risks for heart failure and other unwanted diseases. Before you can treat insomnia, you need to identify its cause. It is always best to talk to your doctor, before deciding on natural sleep aid.