Top 5 Supplements for Sleep – Better Physical, Mental, and Social Health
Healthy night sleep is the key to being your best every day. Sleep contributes to having a good quality of life. We get a lot of benefits from a night of good night sleep, thus, it is very necessary to keep a restful one and follow the recommended hours of sleep depending on a person’s age. Supplements were also found to help improve the quality of sleep. Unfortunately, there are people who are also suffering from sleepless nights. This affects not only your physical health but the emotional and social aspects, as well. Due to the need for proper sleep and sleep restoration for the nights that you fail to get the recommended hours, there are sleep aids and natural ways to help you. From sleep technology to natural remedies, you will experience a restful and sound bedtime night. Sleep supplements are helpful ways to get a better sleep thus, better health. Read on and you will learn the top 5 supplements for sleep as your daily solutions from sleep disorders.
Top 5 Supplements for Sleep – The Effects of Poor Quality of Sleep
A lot of factors today cause sleepless nights. The top 5 supplements for sleep are a great help as sleep solutions. The busy neighborhood, noisy traffic, the food that we eat before bedtime and the activities that we make every day are some of the many things that bring us a poor quality of sleep. The effects will then hit us through our physical, mental, and social health. Knowing the effects is a way to avoid poor sleep, or if not restore the sleep we have missed. You may check on these:
Memory Problems. Your brain form connections helping you to process and remember new information during your sleep. Having a poor quality of sleep has a negative impact on your short and long-term memory. One of the top 5 supplements for sleep is a good aid.
Difficulties in thinking and concentration. Creativity, solving-problems, and concentration are not well conditioned if you do not have enough sleep.
Changes in moods. If you are deprived of good sleep, your mood changes. You become more emotional and quick-tempered. This could lead to anxiety and depression
Accidents. Drowsiness can increase the risk of vehicular accidents and injuries, anytime.
Weak immune system. Getting very little sleep weakens your immune system’s defenses against viruses. This can cause common colds and flu.
High blood pressure. Sleeping less than 5 hours a day increases the risk of high blood pressure. Magnesium, one of the top 5 supplements for sleep is recommended to help high blood pressure.
Higher risk of diabetes. Poor quality of sleep affects the production of insulin, the blood sugar-lowering hormone, thus, could make your blood sugar level higher than those who get enough sleep every day.
Weight gain. The chemicals telling your brain that you are full is not balance when you are lack of sleep. This results in overindulging over food.
Low sex drive. Lack of sleep people has lower libido resulting to lower down sex drive.
Higher risk of heart diseases. Poor quality of sleep may lead to increased blood pressure, thus, linked to inflammation that is both linked to heart diseases.
Poor balance. Sleep deprivation affects your balance and coordination making you prone to physical injuries.
Top 5 Supplements for Sleep – Knowing the Benefits of Sleep Supplements
- Valerian. One of the top 5 supplements for sleep is a native herb to Europe and parts of Asia but also grows in North America. It is a medicine made from the root. It is commonly used for sleep disorders, especially for insomnia.
NOW Valerian Root
Read full review NOW Valerian Root
2. 5-HTP. 5-hydroxytryptophan is a chemical by-product of the protein building block L-tryptophan. It comes from the seeds of an African plant known as Griffonia simplicifolia. This supplement is used for sleep disorders like insomnia, depression, anxiety, migraine. It is also helpful to treaty headaches, fibromyalgia, obesity, and premenstrual syndrome, ADHD, seizures, and Parkinson’s Disease. Remember this as one of the top 5 supplements for sleep.
3. Melatonin. A hormone naturally found in the body, melatonin is used as medicine in a laboratory. Commonly available in pill form, melatonin can also be placed under the check and tongue allowing this to be absorbed immediately in the body. Melatonin is used to treat insomnia and used to improve different sleep conditions.
4. Magnesium. A mineral that is essential for the normal bone structure. As part of the top 3 supplements for sleep, magnesium supplements are needed if a person has a very low amount of it, especially for women. Low magnesium level in the body is linked to diseases such as osteoporosis, high blood pressure, clogged arteries, hereditary heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. Food with high in fiber is also high in magnesium. Eating legumes, whole grains, vegetables, seeds, and nuts are foods that are high in magnesium. This mineral has good effects on constipation. Magnesium is highly recommended pregnant and saves an expecting mother from pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
5. Theanine. An amino acid found in tea, also in some mushrooms.
People take theanine orally to help anxiety and stress, depression, schizophrenia, and prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. It is also a treatment for attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder or ADHD. Aside from these, theanine helps reduce blood pressure, prevents flu, and help for the improvement of how cancer drugs work.
Top 5 Supplements for Sleep – Finding Natural Solutions for Sleep Problems
Taking one of the top 5 supplements for sleep are natural ways to solve sleep disorders and anxiety issues. Problems as such should not be taken for granted and should have immediate solutions so as not to make them worse. Making sleep a priority is giving your body a chance to get what it needs. With these top 5 supplements for sleep, you are giving yourself better health.