The benefits of an ergonomic pillow
We have been sleeping with standard pillows all through our life. As much as they are comfortable especially when they feel like sleeping on a cloud, it does not help with your health that much. Falling asleep might be a breeze with those kinds of pillows but it should be noted that ergonomic pillow does many wonders for your overall health which is a win-win situation. The Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow would be a great pillow to keep your body healthy physically.
According to a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow review, this pillow has a truly unique shape like other ergonomic pillows but it has truly helped them restore the natural curve of the neck. How many times a day have you not looked straight? It has become our habit to be slouching with is nowhere good. With the help of the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow, you will be able to restore your natural curve on your neck. You will be falling asleep peacefully in no time with this ergonomic pillow.
Here are the benefits of having an ergonomic pillow that will help you with falling asleep at night according to the Ecosa:
Contouring and neck support
An ergonomic memory foam pillow has a distinct curve with two raised ends and a dip in between them. This design supports the natural shape of the head and neck for back sleepers and side sleepers as said in a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow review.
So your neck is meant to rest on the slightly raised part of the pillow, while your head should rest in the little dip with the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow. Having a memory foam pillow that is contoured will ensure that the neck and head are fully supported.
Cervical spinal alignment
The cervical spine is the delicate area where the neck connects to the upper back through seven vertebral segments. It’s also where the spinal cord lies. When falling asleep, it’s crucial to maintain the alignment of the natural curve at the back of the neck.
For instance, a fluffy down feather pillow (as comfy as they are to hug and squeeze) won’t provide the best support for your head and neck. Choose a pillow that’s elevated enough to keep your spine straight instead of your neck forming an awkward angle when you’re asleep like the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow.
Increased blood circulation to the muscles
An ergonomic pillow will incorporate the perfect combination of firmness and softness. You don’t want a pillow that’s hard as a rock because this can restrict blood circulation to the rest of your body like the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow. Your neck muscles should be relaxed, not tense from a hard surface.
The pillow fits the person
To design a pillow that’s customized to each person is a hefty task, but with a memory foam pillow, the material contours to the individual’s head and neck shape as said in a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow review. This essentially makes it a custom fit. For example, if you’re a side sleeper with broader shoulders, then you may need a more elevated pillow so your neck doesn’t slope at a downward angle when you sleep. The goal is to keep your neck and spine in alignment.
Less tossing and turning
An ergonomic pillow like the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow is comfortable yet stable. Because it supports your head and neck, it lets you relax into a deep sleep. That means less tossing and turning throughout the night! But if your partner has not invested in a memory foam pillow (birthday present??), and they’re tossing and turning, you won’t feel it. Your ergonomic pillow protects you from motion distribution and disturbance, plus it improves sleep quality! So you’ll stay asleep through the night despite the movement from your partner as said in a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow review.
Fewer headaches and migraines
Other than contributing to neck pain or back pain, you’ll also know you’re sleeping on a poor quality pillow if you continuously wake up with a headache. As Dr. Doeuk specializes in the treatment of headaches and migraines, he strongly recommends a memory foam contour pillow that’s fitted for you like the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow and you will be falling asleep peacefully in no time.
How to pick a great pillow
Picking the perfect pillow might a difficult task for you, so here’s a little guide according to the Good HouseKeeping:
- Side sleepers need a thick, firm pillow like the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow to “keep their ears in line with their shoulders” to prevent their neck from extending in either direction when sleeping on their side, according to Dr. Jaspal R. Singh M.D., co-director of the Center for Comprehensive Spine Care at Weill Cornell Medicine.
- Stomach sleepers should choose a soft, thinner pillow, so their neck stays in a neutral position. Some experts recommend placing a pillow under your shoulder for proper spine alignment too as said in a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow review.
- Back sleepers should opt for a medium thickness in between that keeps their neck aligned without arching their head forward like the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow.
- If you switch positions throughout the night, look for a plush pillow where the fill can be moved around to help you with falling asleep with ease. This way, you will be able to find the best position as you toss and turn.
- Down pillows are the fluffiest, but a down-and-feather combo will be firmer and less expensive as said in a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow review.
- Down alternatives feel soft and, since they’re made with synthetic fill, are even more affordable. They are great if you have a down allergy to help you with falling asleep with ease.
- Memory foam pillows are available in two different styles: solid or shredded. Solid memory foam pillows are designed to give you that super supportive feel as your head sinks into the pillow, but the fill cannot move similar to a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow. Shredded memory foam pillows still give you the supportive feel, but the fill can be moved around for a plusher feel.
- Latex pillows have a squishy feel similar to memory foam, but it bounces back much quicker. Like memory foam, latex pillows can either feature solid or shredded materials as said in a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow review.
Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow – the best pillow for you
If you are looking for the best ergonomic/orthopedic sleeping pillow, you could never go wrong with the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow as it has been loved by more than 1,000 amazon users!
According to a Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow review, the size and shape of this pillow are a bit unexpected! That’s because it was created by an ergonomic designer, in consultation with a Doctor of Chiropractic, to help restore the natural curve of the neck. Thoughtfully designed for people who primarily sleep on their back and occasionally turn to their sides throughout the night, the head cradle, cervical contour, and upper back support are constructed from firm, molded foam to place the head and neck in a neutral position. Please note that this is not a soft memory foam pillow. This will help you with falling asleep more with ease.
Measuring to find the correct size Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow is critical for proper fit. Before placing your order, carefully measure using the instructions provided below. Sleeping on the incorrect size of this pillow may cause increased neck pain, headaches, shoulder, and upper back pain.
You might be wondering, “why is the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow so firm?” Therapeutica pillow is firmest when it is brand new. As it is used, the cell structure of the foam will soften and provide comfortable resiliency. This pillow is not a plush general comfort pillow. NOTE: If you feel the pillow is too firm, you can accelerate the break-in process by inserting the pillow into a case and stepping up and down repeatedly on the pillow. This will soften the cell structure much more quickly.
The Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow is constructed of a non-allergenic, non-toxic foam that will not lose its shape or resilience. All Therapeutica pillows come with a fitted zippered pillow cover made of a polyester/cotton blend, and it’s machine washable.
Your body may need to adjust to the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow over a period of several weeks. If you overuse it immediately, it may increase your neck pain. Most users find that if they slowly ease their way into the correction provided by a cervical pillow, they achieve the best results. You may need to alternate between this product and your current pillow while your body adjusts.
If you are looking for the best pillow to help adjust back your natural neck curves, you can never go wrong with the Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow as it will help you with that non-medically. This has been loved by many users and it is truly effective as long as you follow with the instructions on how you can use it right,